Friday, January 27, 2012

Ahh Estrogen….what will this be like?


So here it is January 27th, and we are still waiting for word that our home study was approved. Once it is approved by the agency, it then has to be sent to the NEDC and to Bethany Christian Services (who then reviews it for the NEDC). We are hoping that this occurs before our initial consult.
Now I must tell you that when I am anxiously awaiting some event in the future, I am the type of person who looks to small events to mark the passing time. One such even just occurred. I just began a regimen of Estrogen that I must take up until my appointment date in February. I have been taking it for three days now, and so far I have not noticed any side effects. I was really thinking that extra estrogen may make me irritable or moody…
With the NEDC you only have two appointments with them; your initial extensive consult and then the actual transfer at a later date. I am taking the estrogen because at my initial consult, they will actually perform a “mock transfer” and they want to see how my body responds to the estrogen. The estrogen is meant to thicken my endometrium lining and they want to see how much of the estrogen I will need to take before the actual transfer. At this appointment, they will also perform a balloon ultrasound type thing to check my womb and medically clear me.
This is also the day that we will meet with the financial people, the nurse, and the program coordinator. If I am medically cleared, they will then give me a bigger regimen of drugs to take (of which I am not sure). If my home study has been received and approved, we will also begin the process of picking our donating family.
I don’t really know a whole lot of details at the moment. I am hoping that at our appointment we will get all of the details we are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment