Friday, April 20, 2012

Commence Lupron

Last night, April 19th, I received my first of many shots of Lupron! I add the exclamation mark because although shots in and of themselves are not exciting, the beginning of the Lupron marks the start of my medication protocol, which means that our Embryo Transfer is less than a month away!!! As previously stated in past posts, the next step is getting off the BC pills, starting progesterone shots (with gigantic needles), taking Estrace, and some pre-transfer ultrasounds. As a woman who always loathed visits to the gynecologist, I suppose I am going to end up quite comfortable with that table by the end of this…*sigh* No matter the side effects, procedures, embarrassment, or pain of any of this…it all pales in comparison to the joy I feel knowing that we are soon to be parents!

I have been so moody and irritable lately, I can only hope that it is the hormones in the birth control and not me; my poor husband. He has been so great to me throughout all of this; very encouraging and supportive. This June will mark our 7 year wedding anniversary, and I can say with certainty that we are ready to be parents. We have both done a lot of growing in the past 7 years, together and as individuals.  I know that our children will be born into a home filled with love and joy!

Around November of 2011 I began scrapbooking because I want our children to know that they were chosen, not rejected by anyone. I am chronicling our journey of embryo adoption in this book so they can follow the process and see just how precious they are and truly, what a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment