Sunday, May 27, 2012

So, progesterone shots or pregnancy?


          Our embryo transfer was on May 16th and they told me I would get lab work done in 11 days to measure my Beta HCG. Of course 11 days later would be a Sunday; therefor I had to wait 12 days. As husband and I were driving home, we realized that 12 later would be Memorial day…unreal! Sometimes I thought the actual testing date would just keep getting pushed forward.
          The local fertility clinic that we use for monitoring purposes (ultrasounds for the NEDC) is actually 2 hours away, but they do same day lab work, which the NEDC requires. We decided that we were not going to drive 2 hours just to draw blood and return home. So I set about locating a place that does same day lab work within a 30 mile radius. I finally found LabCorp who is able to do same day results; however, I called our insurance and of course they do not participate with LabCorp. They only participate with Quest Diagnostics (who cannot give same day results). So now, yet again, we have to pay out of pocket for more medical testing. When will the insurances companies get on board with Embryo Adoption? And start using same day labs?
When I called my insurance company to find out if the BHCG and the Quant Progesterone tests were covered, they insisted I give them the ICD-9 codes (which are billing codes) or they couldn’t help me. How in the world was I supposed to know those codes? These are basic pregnancy blood tests…why couldn’t they find them in their “system.”
          So here it is, Sunday the 27th, and I cannot go test until Tuesday. I am on pins and needles! I am now so aware of every twinge, every feeling in my body, trying to sense implantation. I have done much research and many women say that they could actually feel the moment of implantation in their uterus. I have felt a few twinges in my womb area…maybe that was a few embryos implanting? I get frustrated because the progesterone shots I am taking give me pregnancy like symptoms, so it gets hard to differentiate between what the medication makes me feel and possible pregnancy symptoms.
          I’m exhausted, I’m starving all of the time, and I’m nauseous a lot. I’m moody, I’m feeling pre-menstrual and ovulatory pains, and smells are making me ill. Oh, and now peoples burping makes me gag, yay. So, progesterone shots or pregnancy? It is taking most of my willpower not to run out and pee on 20 tests!! I did read that often, frozen embryos can take longer to implant than fresh embryos. I believe this could give you a false negative if you test too soon. I would hate to do that to myself and then wallow in sadness until my blood work comes back…which could be positive.
          So now we are anxiously awaiting Tuesday morning! I know I will have same day results, but I will not know them until the NEDC receives them and then calls me. So until then, we are believing that God is growing little life (lives) inside of me. We are speaking life over our marriage and over my body. I can’t wait to give you all the results!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment