Monday, July 9, 2012

The Twins at 9 Weeks!


          Do you ever feel like time is dragging by? Then the very next week time seems to be literally flying by? Maybe that is just me. I have already determined that I am an impatient person, just itching to get to the next “thing;” but this past week has been a blur and I have barely been able to catch my breath! So now that I have a moment, allow me to catch ya’ll up!
          As I previously wrote, I now have a regular OB that I am seeing; however, I am still working with Dr. Keenan at the NEDC in TN at his request. I had my first OB appointment and ultrasound with my new OB at 8 weeks, but the NEDC requested that I have a 6 and 9 week ultrasound done and have the results faxed to them. This meant that I got to have 2 ultrasounds in one month! Yippee!
          So the 4th of July fell between my 8 and 9 week appointments, which meant that I would not be able to see the doctor until July 5th, which was a Thursday. I really didn’t like this because it meant that I would see him at 9 weeks 5 days, which I think is late. So now they schedule all of my appointments a month out, based on that Thursday. This means that at my “12 week” appointment I will almost be 13 weeks. I guess that is not a huge deal, but it feels like one. I want to get in as early as I can to see those sweet babies! It will really only be a problem to me when it comes to learning the gender because it means I will have to wait 5 whole days longer than necessary to find out.  

          If you remember, I am receiving twice daily intramuscular injections of progesterone and taking 4mg of Estrace a day, per the NEDC’s instructions. At 9 weeks I was instructed to get my blood drawn to check my body’s levels of these drugs, and based on that I could possibly begin tapering the dosages. My new OB, wise man that he is, suggested that I get this blood draw done at the same time that I get my “1st visit” OB blood work done so I do not have to get stuck more than necessary.
          I arrived at my 9 week 5 days appointment just as excited as ever! They weighed me and I had gained a whopping 1 pound so far! I was actually excited about that. Next they did a trans-vaginal ultrasound and I looked at the screen and said “what’s that?” the doctor said, “that’s an arm!” I was so used to seeing the babies as shapeless forms that I was unprepared to see arms, legs, and heads clearly formed! The best part was that they were moving!! Baby A was literally boxing in there! So cute. Both babies had strong heart beats and are measuring right on track for 9 weeks. 

Baby A measuring in at 2.6 CM

Baby B (upside down in there (: ) measuring in at 2.5 CM

          After the ultrasound they drew my blood and sent me home, with my 12 week (or should I say 12 weeks 5 days) appointment scheduled for July 26th. I really hope to HEAR the heart beats at that appointment! According to the internet, these babies are about the size of prunes. I am amazed at the affect that something(s) so small can have on a body. The nausea is back in full swing; the Zofran cannot even take the edge off most days and I continue to be exhausted and ravenous. But besides those physical things, mentally and spiritually I am soaring! Every day I am amazed that there are tiny lives growing inside me. I am honored every day that God has given me this miraculous opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment