Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Twins at 8 Weeks


          For my birthday this year, I received 2 amazing gifts; my first ever surprise party just for me and an ultrasound of our beautiful twins growing and developing right on target with precious, strong heartbeats! God truly is in the details and He loves His children so much. God has such a father’s heart; why else would He lavish me with blessings and gifts and the desires of my heart? Only God could orchestrate things so that I would be 2 months pregnant with twins on my birthday AND get to see them! 

"Two Peas in a Pod"  The beautiful birthday gift my husband gave me!

          Have I mentioned my insurance coverage woes? Well, it turns out that all my griping and complaining may have been for not. The problem is that my insurance does not cover any local providers or hospitals so I have to go out of state for OB care; literally, out of state. So I dutifully got on my insurance providers website to find an OB and lo and behold there were only 2 doctors within 50 miles of me; a man and a woman. I was pretty sure that I wanted a woman OB so I called to make an appointment but of course she no longer takes private patients because she is now the Hospitalist…yay for her. This left me with no options; there was only 1 doctor left on the list; the male. Sure enough I have complained about this to just about anyone who would listen because misery loves company, right?
          I should have just kept my mouth shut and trusted God; I mean, He has been in control this whole time and so far He has done an awesome job. A week ago I met with some friends for lunch and of course I told them my above insurance sob story but then one of them told me this same male doctor was the one she saw and that he was great and so was his whole practice! Well that shut me up for the time being.
          So yesterday, on my birthday, my husband and I went to see this male OB for my first ever official OB appointment; and wouldn’t you know it the building was beautiful and well taken care of (a good sign in my book). Then we got into the office and the first thing I noticed was that there was Women’s Devotional Bible on the table and an Our Daily Bread Devotional! The more we looked around, the more evidence of God we found. There were Bibles everywhere and artwork that spoke about God and the unborn child…finally we asked the nurse if the doctor was a Christian and she said “this is a Christian based practice.”
          Now I guarantee you that I would have never chosen this male doctor on my own, if I had had choices. Of course God would arrange it so that we wound up with a Christian doctor who delivered/c-sectioned 13 sets of twins last year! We really like him. He had a good bedside manner and he made us feel comfortable. The office staff was very nice and they even gave me a pregnancy journal, which I thought was a nice touch.
          The doctor did inform me that I am considered high risk because of the twins, and I will receive monthly ultrasounds to monitor their growth. I am pretty excited that I will get to see them each month! I actually have to go back for a 9 weeks ultrasound for the NEDC, so I will get 2 this month. Based on the ultrasound Baby A (Sweet Pea) is measuring in at 1.6 cm and Baby B (Tug Boat) is 1.7 cm! 
Sweet Pea (Baby A) 1.6cm

Tug Boat (Baby B) 1.7cm

The doctor said that their measurements are on par with singleton pregnancies, so does that mean they are going to be big, possibly born at healthy weights?! I sure hope so, but I know it means I will get huge! Can’t wait! Speaking of huge, the doctor also said that my uterus is growing like it should and that I am measuring at 8 weeks 2days which is right on track!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I think this is my first time commenting, but I am enjoying following your blog, and am looking forward to reading more about your happy days ahead!

    I've even nominated you for an award (details on my blog) if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bren!

      So glad to have you following along! I will check out your blog, and thank you for the nomination! :)

      Delete