Sunday, June 24, 2012

So Much to Celebrate!


         So it has been a little while since I have written anything and I think I have good excuses for it. 1) We have had so much going on lately, and 2) I have just not felt up to it to be honest. I guess being pregnant with twins is a lot of work because I sure am tired all of the time. Some days I just don’t have any “gumption” to do much (guess I should enjoy those days before the house is full of babies!!).
          So, what has been going on? Well, in the last 30 days I graduated from college, got an embryo transfer, found out I was pregnant, celebrated my 7 year wedding anniversary, found out I was having twins, got my ministry incorporated, and celebrated a birthday (at least had the party, birthday is Monday). I may have missed a few things in there, but life has certainly been a whirlwind! But it all has been joyous. As you can see, we have much to celebrate and be joyful about!
          Physically, not too much has changed. I still have 24/7 nausea and my doctor finally gave me Zofran, but after a few days the effect of it wore off and it has bad side effects like constipation and headaches (and what pregnant woman needs extra constipation?). So I quit taking the Zofran because of the effects and because I swear the babies became immune to it or started producing more HCG because it was no longer effective! I tried the Zofran again today after a 3 day break and it seemed to help. So I guess I will try it out again for a few days.
          My belly definitely seems to be growing. I don’t think you could tell from a normal distance, but let’s just say that my regular pants and shorts are no longer buttoning! I have some sweet friends who are loaning or giving me their maternity clothes and I think I will be wearing them sooner than later. Also, I am pretty sure that either my breasts have already grown a size and/or my rib cage is already expanding. All of my bras make me feel like I can’t breathe.
           I thought maybe it was because they were underwire so I set about on a mission to find a bra around my size that wasn’t underwire. So I trekked up to the distant outlet mall and went into Soma, Motherhood Maternity, Hanes, Jockey, and Bali…nada. I found one bra that may have worked size wise but I am pretty sure that I saw that same bra on my grandmother in 1991! Jeesh! I actually ended up buying a nursing bra from Wal-Mart! It was the only one that wasn’t ugly, had room to grow, and wasn’t underwire. So yeah, I’m 8 weeks pregnant and already in a nursing bra; how appropriate!
          One of the only things that has changed around us is that we have announced to the world that we are pregnant. The NEDC said that once we saw heartbeats at 6 weeks that we were pretty safe to announce. So we did; via phone and Facebook and word of mouth. Everyone is so excited for us! I will tell you that people can be flat out rude in their curiosity and comments; I guess twins are just out of the norm. We haven’t told many people the process we went through or even about our infertility, so as far as they know we just got pregnant with twins. When we, or should I say God, is ready, we will share our testimony about this miracle that God has performed for us, but until that day we aren’t broadcasting the details yet. So until that day I will just have to continue to dodge the question, “so do twins run in your family?”
          I don’t know if people will ever stop asking me if I am excited about this pregnancy…about the twins. If they only knew how long we have waited and prayed and what these tiny lives growing inside my womb mean to us. Yes, I am excited (that is an understatement). It about killed me to not be able to announce my pregnancy right away. I wanted to shout if from literal rooftops. I felt like I was being forced to squelch my joy; joy that was given by God. I have waited over 7 years for this time and I couldn’t stand to wait any longer to tell everyone! I wanted them to know and share in the joy. So now the beans have been spilled and I am free to tell anyone I want. My pastor actually stops random people in our church that I don’t know to tell them my name and that I am having twins; he is very excited for us!
          So Monday is my birthday and it is also my first visit with my official OBGYN, and he will be doing an ultrasound. I mean really, how many people get to see an ultrasound of their babies on their birthday! God is so gracious. Quick funny note: my friend, who works at an emergency veterinarian hospital, told me that when she was pregnant she would use their equipment to sneak in ultrasounds on herself just to peek at the baby. All I can imagine is her getting an ultrasound at the Vet…such a funny image!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment