Saturday, January 11, 2014

10 Weeks Pregnant and a Hemorrhage or Two

To update things, I am 10 weeks pregnant today! Yippee! That means I am only 2 weeks away from the 2nd trimester, or "out of the woods" as some would call it. Everything has been going pretty well, just as it did last time. I have extreme nausea, I pee constantly (6 times a night) I am exhausted. My back side hurts from progesterone shots. I am STARVING every 1.5 hours, which is new this time around. Oh, and I have extremely dry skin and my nails are ripping under the nail bed. Ouch. 

New this time: There is a new extended release nausea medication called Diclegis which works wonder. Oh, and bleeding. I had a gush of light colored bleeding on Thursday January 2nd. I was told to go to the ER, where they found that Baby A had a small hemorrhage. But no one there could tell me much about it. Neither did the new doctor on call at my OB's office. I continued to have light brown bleeding until Saturday morning, when I had bright fresh blood. I again went to the ER and they found another hemorrhage, this time around Baby B. 

Total freak out moments here. I never had bleeding before. Very scary. A girl I know had a hemorrhage, but it was very large, and she miscarried. No one could give me much information. Not what to expect, not our chances of survival, not what is normal. Nada. They also found that Baby B's gestational sac is much smaller than Baby A's. 

 So I called my perinatologist (high risk doctor) from my last pregnancy and they agreed to see me earlier than 12 weeks. But they couldn’t see me for over a week. 
I had that appointment yesterday. Glory to God both babies still had strong heartbeats and were moving around! The hemorrhage on Baby A has disappeared and the second one is very small. The doc wasn't worried about them. He also found that the twins are only 4 days apart in growth which isn’t too bad. He wants to monitor Baby B's growth. But in general things look pretty good. He says once we enter the 2nd trimester we won’t have to worry as much about Baby B.

So prayers please. Pray that the hemorrhage around Baby B gets absorbed safely into my body and that both babies continue to grow and develop as they should.


2 comments: