Monday, October 21, 2013

Your'e Having Triplets Too?!



Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lupron shots…which makes this Embryo Adoption cycle so real! I guess there is just something about sticking yourself in the stomach with needles that really says “it has begun.” Our last EA transfer seems so long ago now. I literally have to go back and read my blog to know when I started what medications etc. The spark of memory I seem to be having this morning says that the whole process from medications to actual transfer took much longer…but it couldn’t have. You don’t start the meds (shots) until the month prior to your cycle. So anyways, this time around it just feels like it is happening in a blur. I think part of it is that now we have children. When we didn’t have children and our soul cry was to have them, it seemed like everything took an eternity to get them here. Having infant twins tends to make things go by pretty quickly!

My husband and I were just reflecting on the fact that it is less than a month until our EA transfer. I know that I will blink and it will be November 19th. Yowza! I am excited. And nervous. And thrilled. And scared. And a little queasy (which is how the aforementioned emotions make me feel.)

Did I mention that close friends of ours are having triplets? Yeah, that’s 3 babies. This makes 2 couples we know who will have triplets. That’s 3 babies. Now I keep thinking that we are going to have triplets. That’s 3 babies! My husband says twins again. Honestly, I am not too sure. Last time I dreamed that I had twins, before the embryos were even transferred, and viola, we had twins. The other night I dreamed that we had an ultrasound done and we had one baby in there. It was sort of a strange dream. Sometimes I have dreams that have intense emotions attached to them, but not much action to explain the emotion. In this dream, I can remember seeing myself laying on the table, my husband beside me and seeing the monitor from a distance. It seems like I could see multiple sacs on the screen but the tech said there was only one baby. I can’t exactly explain the feeling, but maybe it was one of loss? Like maybe we started out with a multiples pregnancy but it became a singleton pregnancy? I’m not sure. And this was just a dream. I often dream strange things, so I try to not put too much stock in them.

If you pray for our family, thank you. Please continue to pray that God’s will be done with the thawing and transfer. We pray for at least one successful pregnancy this time around. Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment