Tuesday, October 29, 2013

It Wasn't My Fault...Birth Control Pills Made Me Do It



Birth control pills. It seems so strange to be taking birth control pills when we are trying to be pregnant. It is even harder to explain to people who do not understand Embryo Adoption (EA). I finally had to call the nurse at the NEDC and ask her why I was taking them. She explained that they are to keep me from ovulating on my own. I assume that would mess up my endometrial status for our November transfer. Which, by the way, is only 3 weeks away, but who is counting?
So the NEDC has had me on Apri for birth control. I was on it for my mock transfer, and I have been on it for at least a month recently. That birth control makes me a ticking time bomb! I have such a short fuse while taking them. I am walking around irritable all the time; just waiting to snap!  It has been so horrible on it! It feels like I am premenstrual every day!! Oh, and it makes me hungry. All the time. And it makes me emotional so I cry a lot. And I think it makes me nauseas. So I started taking the pills at night so that I was sleeping for at least 8 hours of the side effects.
The good news is that I took my last birth control pill on Sunday night, the 27th. All day yesterday the pill was in my system. Today, Tuesday, will be the first day functioning without the Apri hormones in my system. We shall see how I act and feel today. Alas, now that I have stopped the BCP, I will be getting a period. Which will lead to me acting like a bear again…drat! My poor husband. God love him for putting up with me! Now that I have begun the Lupron, who knows what emotional fun is in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment