Friday, November 1, 2013

1st Ultrasound For Estrogen Clearance



Dun, dun dun dun….dun. That is the music in my head as I write this; it sort of adds a dramatic flair don’t you think? Today I made the 1 ½ drive to get my ultrasound and estradiol lab work. I forgot to print my prescription and the computer with the printer literally take 20 minutes to start up, and then the internet wouldn’t work, and the printer wasn’t warmed up. Then my daughter spit up all over herself. It was pouring rain and I could barely see. There was bumper to bumper traffic. My GPS tried to take me the wrong way; I had to pull off the highway and pull a U-turn. I was a ball of nerves. I was stressed and annoyed with myself and everyone around me. Plus I didn’t get to eat. Just a bad start to the day.
On the bright side, the rain let up just as we got to the doctors (which I prayed for.) We made really good time and were early. I got the same practitioner I did last year and she is great. I was dehydrated so my blood literally dripped into the little tube, ouch. But the exam was quick. When the NEDC finally called me at 4:30 the nurse said that my endo lining was still a little thick, it was a 7, and had I started my period? Which I had, but only yesterday. So she said that could explain the thickness, and that my estradiol levels looked good, so I was cleared to begin my Estrogen tomorrow J Just another step towards the transfer.
We are down to 18 days until the transfer! Yippee. I am getting a little excited.  So now I am doing Lupron shots and Estrogen and counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment