Saturday, November 30, 2013

So I cheated…. I peed on a stick…



As you may or may not know, Thanksgiving was 9dpt for us, with multicell embryos. According to the medical field, on day 9 and 10 there isn’t enough HCG in the body to register on a home pregnancy test. This is why the NEDC asks you to not test at home, and to wait until 11dpt to go get Beta blood work done. 

I cheated. While in TN for the transfer we bought a 2 pack box of First Response pregnancy tests while at Babies R Us. So I was already planning on cheating before the transfer even happened. My husband wanted me to wait until today, Saturday (11dpt) to take a home test. He doesn’t want me to test early and get a disappointing negative, when I could actually be pregnant, but it’s just too early to test. 

I slowly whittled him down until he agreed that we could test on Thanksgiving. Last year, last pregnancy, we test on Memorial Day. I thought it only fitting to test on a holiday this year! I was so worried that I would wake up having to pee really bad and would lose my “first mornings urine “so Wednesday night I laid out a pregnancy test in front of the toilet so I couldn’t forget. That night, I dreamed that I took a test and it was positive. I then immediately dreamed that I took a test and it was negative…

At 5 am on Thursday, Thanksgiving, I peed on a stick. Last time I did this, it was 13dpt (or 11?) and the “pregnant” lines came up immediately on the stick. This time I knew I was testing early. I went into this fully aware that I could get a false negative. But I prayed that God would give me an early sneak peek if I was pregnant.
So I peed. And watched it spread across the testing screen. The “test” line popped up and nothing else. 2 lines, you are pregnant; just the test line, not pregnant. So, with a heavy heart I set the test down to wait. The instructions say to check the test in 3 minutes. I determined that I wasn’t going to torture myself by staring at a test stick for 3 minutes, just waiting for something that may never show. So I lay back down in bed for 3 minutes. 

When 3 minutes had passed, I jumped up to go look. Here is what I found:


PREGNANT! One line was fainter than the other, so I scoured the instructions which clearly showed my example and said that one line may be fainter than the other. But that any 2 lines meant you are pregnant. Okay, wow. We are pregnant. And we found out at 9dpt, impossible. Thank you God! We found out on Thanksgiving, and what a thing to be thankful for. 

Now of course, I took another test the next day. The test I took Thursday can read VERY low levels of HCG so I took a cheap test on Friday, which could only read high levels of HCG (which I shouldn’t have yet). I figured that if this one came back pregnant, then I really was pregnant and or I had multiples lol. In less than a minute the result was clear: pregnant! Fast forward to today, I had an extra test, so I took it!! And of course, it was positive! I think it is safe to say: WE ARE PREGNANT AGAIN! 

One of the reasons I took so many tests was to kind of do my own Beta testing. They make you test and then re-test in 2 days to make sure your “levels” are doubling or growing. I think the speed in which the home tests continued to show results sort of said my levels are doubling. 

I still have to go Monday for the blood work, and then wait for the NEDC to call me to tell me I am pregnant. And then I have to act surprised. But I know that 23 people have to go get that blood work for the NEDC due to the holiday, so I know it will be awhile before I get that phone call from them. 

P.S. Wahoo!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!

    And...uh oh....a positive test so early? I'm thinking twins again...:P How many embryos were transferred? I got a bit confused when I read the original post...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! They transferred 3. Honestly I am thinking triplets! LOL!! Yeah, I wonder if I wouldve tested positive day 7 or 8...

      Delete
  2. Congrats!! I'm waiting for my beta. Not testing!

    ReplyDelete